C) Semi & Tractor Trailer Diesel Fuel Caps
Filler Neck Supply Now Stocks Fuel Filler Necks and Caps for Volvo, Mack, International, Kenworth, Freightliner, and Peterbuilt heavy duty Tractor Trailer Applications. If you do not see what you need contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All Cap designs/styles have been "Drop Tested" to meet DOT qualifications for HWY Transportation Fuel Tank safety. FMCSA-39367
2. Always measure the inside diameter (ID) of Fuel Cap for a more positive Identification if there is any question as to which Cap to use.
3. Should the Cap not be available - measure the outside diameter (OD) of the Fill Tank Neck to determine inside Diameter (ID) of Cap.
4. Always make sure and ask if the Tank is either Vented or non-Vented in order to spec correct Vented or Non-Vented Cap. (note: a Vented Cap is made to work with a non-Vented Tank; it is also safe to use on a Diesel Fuel Tank that is already Vented) a non-Vented Tank Must have a Vented Cap to operate properly.
5. The inside diameter (ID) of Caps used with Low-Sulfur labeled Diesel Fuel Tanks are smaller and have different treads than Caps used with Diesel Fuel Tanks that have no Low Sulfur Label. (See the Volvo Description on the above PDF File as an example)
6. All Caps are Threaded Female style. (except the Peterbilt Lever Style and Freightliner Cam-Cap Style)
Some Older Freightliner and Peterbilt Truck Fuel Tanks (Pre mid 1990's), also many Western Star Tanks use a Threaded 3.5-5.5 NS Cap. (Same as the Current Kenworth Class 8 Trucks) or a 3" Threaded cap.
7. Though Steel Tanks are not as common in the HD Truck Industry anymore, it is recommended to clarify whether the tank is Aluminum or Steel. (see Application in the above PDF for Borg Warner Steel Tank)